Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review

     The novel, Memoirs of a Geisha, was written by Arthur Golden in 1997. It is not in a series but there was a motion film created after it. The book is about a young girl struggling to make it in the competitive world of the Geisha.
     Some things I liked in the novel was how descriptive Arthur was. I felt like i could envision what her water colored eyes looked like or the art of a kimono. the imagery was something that helped me to understand the book better. I like how detailed it was in describing the culture and the people of the geisha community.
     What i didn't like is how didn't tell you what exactly a geisha was. It was hinted at but never directly stated. I had to look it up.that was the only thing i didn't like about the book.
     I feel like the novel would be best recommended for teen girls to adults. They would be the best to empathize for Sayuri and would truly understand how she is feeling about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment